Craft Sales Centre
This project consists of the design of a piece of street furniture as a craft sales centre, among other uses. It has a prefabricated and modular design that allows diverse layouts within an urban space.
One of the biggest attractions of the city of Torrevieja is undoubtedly its salt industry, which in the past was the most important sector of the Torrevieja economy for decades.
The project was born with the objective of taking the concept of the salt industry focused on the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja to the rest of the Torrevieja region through an innovative and avant-garde design with a salt origin.
The design concept stems from two fundamental elements:
- The formation of the great mountains of salt generates a Skyline in the form of gabled roofs, generating a mountainous appearance of powder snow.
- The crystallisation of the salt dissolved in the water occurs in the decantation in the pools of water. White crystals are formed on the bottom, pyramidal in shape with acute angles and with extraordinary natural beauty.
The resulting geometry has adequate proportions for the required use, not projecting large volumes that can become physical and visual barriers in any direction.
The proposal will be integrated and will form part of and highlight the new port area, and its simplicity and radical design will make the new port an innovative and avant-garde space.
The materialization of the module is sustainable and easy to transport and maintain, with cutting-edge materials such as the Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) system, noted for its resistance, appearance, versatility and sustainability as a structural material and interior finish, and a solid-surface as an exterior finish (Krion or similar).
- ARCHITECT: David Ruiz Molina
- DATE: 2023
- CLIENT: Torrevieja City Council
- status: In progress
- LOCATION: Torrevieja, Alicante